We all have the opportunity to protect our environment every day. It takes being mindful of what you’re doing, and what you can do differently to be more environmentally friendly. At Flood Masters, we’ve looked closely at ways we can help our planet and have adopted green practices wherever possible.
- Recycle – At a worksite it’s not unusual for us to come away with old materials that can be thrown away, such as used carpet and wood. Instead, we recycle these materials whenever possible.
- Reuse – When leftover materials are new and still in good shape, we put them back to work by reusing them.
- Dry Out – Faced with a flooded area, we have a couple of options; either we can tear out and replace, or we can dry out the contents. We dry items out whenever possible because it’s less wasteful—and less costly for the client.
- Eco-friendly Chemicals – Not all solutions are good for the environment. That’s why we’re careful to use paints and mold remediation products that are eco-friendly.
- Smart Disposal – We’re always careful to properly dispose of toxic wastewater.
- Green Building – Even construction can be done conscientiously, and it just makes more sense to do so at the beginning than have to go back later and retro fit it all to be better for the environment. So we encourage the use of green building materials during construction such as bamboo or cork flooring.
Being environmentally conscientious is just the right thing to do. Every day, we strive to shrink our footprint on the environment through green practices.